Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thailand in June/July.

Options
  • 18-05-2023 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm heading to Thailand at the end of June for 3 weeks and I'm just wondering for those who have been before what sort of clothing should I bring? I assume a rain jacket is a must at that time of year? Can you get into bars etc at night in shorts or should I pack a few pairs of jeans too? Also, are vaccines (Hep A/B, rabies etc) a necessity as I'll need to book these soon if so.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭NiceFella

Lol I was over there this time last year. Forget the jeans, you won't wear them as it'll be way too hot. Plus the fact that there isn't a dress code over in Thailand. You have some money they'll let you in anywhere.

Bring a few nice pairs of Chino shorts and that'll do.

I brought jeans last year and didn't wear them once. It's way way too hot for them. Leave them at home

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Cheers for the reply! Yeah I've got a few nice pairs of shorts already so that'll do I guess! How long were you there for? Did you bother with vaccines?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭NiceFella

I went for around 3 weeks. I got a lot of the vaccines but it depends were you are going. If you're in Bangkok you won't need stuff like rabies. I went to Chang mai in the north and Phuket too, were there are lots of dogs and cats. They're grand to be honest, if you're vigilant enough you'd be fine without some of them.

Drink bottled water and try avoid street vendor food. Don't take a chance with them. The smoothies over there are spectacular as everything is in season and fresh. The food is also amazing. I'm envious, would love to go there again. Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Thanks for all the info mate. Appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭SuperTeeJay

How was/is the weather there now?

I'm going beginning of August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Monsoons have started bring an umbrella with You. Oh and the monsoons last until late October

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

I'm going next month, starting off in Phuket. I want to go from there to Krabi (never been), does anyone know what it's like and the best way to get there, boat, bus, plane or taxi?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,626 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Here is a good site regarding weather in SE Asia. Won't always be 100% acurate but a decent guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Wear flip flop sandals. They dry off quicker than other types of shoe/ sandal.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 irishhombre

you can get the boat to Krabi via Koh Phi Phi....or you can fly from phuket airport to Krabi...the boat is nice if the weather is lovely...but it can get really rough.

Thailand is easiest place in to world to get around....just ask at your hotel reception and they will give you up to date advise.

enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 irishhombre

you need two pairs of underwear...one for the flight there and the flight home (or wash the outgoing pair for return journey).....lightest shorts possible and a vest.....thats it.

slippers or flip flops is all you need there too....no jeans, bring a pair of light trousers for the flights there and back.

enjoy

Advertisement