Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coros updates

Options
  • 17-05-2023 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

I've been using the Coros pace 2 for 18 months and I have to say its brilliant. Cost less than €200, light as a feather, 7-10 days on a charge even when training(GPS etc) and the Coros fitness hub is very user friendly. Overall a solid piece of kit for the modern runner.

They've made it even better it seems, the last update has a shed load of new bits, the ones I like are

in-app route builder

Running Fitness Test

Breadcrumb navigation

Resting Heart Rate Manual Test

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,978 ✭✭✭✭event

I bought one years ago, was perfect for me. I started more trail running so I bought a Fenix 6 cheap for the navigation.

I still have the Coros though so must load it up for these updates

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ariana`

After 3 Garmins I think I'd find it hard to switch but a bit of real competition in the market can only be a positive thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Wottle

Garmin user for maybe 15 years, I had the big massive bulky watch that looked like it belonged in a sci-fi movie.

Moving to coros wasn't easy from a brand loyalty pov, and I did spend some time making the decision but I'm so glad I did. I bought mine in April 2022 and gave my 645 music to my daughter.

The watch is incredible, I charge it every 7 to 10 days and that's the big seller for me.

Also very easy to change data fields and create workouts in the app and sync to the watch in seconds.

Its also very light and discreet on your wrist.

Yeah I think I might move back now from the Fenix. The watch itself was perfect like.

I like the Fenix as it has music and I dont take a phone. But I have a mighty player which does the same thing, connect that to me Aftershokz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Just bought a Pace 2 from the Run Hub online, long time Garmin user. I sold my Fenix 7 this week and had a 965 on order. Cancelled it and said feck it, after reading tonnes of reviews, the latest update has swung me to try out Coros. Looking forward to getting it set up.

Good GPS and decent battery life is what's doing it for me. I'd consider the POD2 too as well for some extra metrics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭marathon2022

The

The coros training hub is also very good, probably the best every day runners watch out there all in all.

It's fantastic. Really enjoying it. I've ordered the Apex 2 Pro, I need the bigger screen, that's the only thing the Pace 2 has against it for me (or my wrists are too big)

If anyone wants a navy Pace 2 less than a week old, used for just 1 run hit me up. I'll accept a good discount on RRP. Have receipt etc and it's back in the box it's just like new.

As soon a my pace 2 retires I will grab the apex, the bigger screen would be the main reason.

The Pace 3 looks like a nice step up. I'm actually back to Garmin now but the value for money on the P3 is definitely one to watch out for.

I was reading about it yesterday. Very tempted but my pace 2 is in great order. Still 10 days on a charge, even during heavy weeks.

• Advertisement

Ah yeah, no point changing for the sake of it (I need to start telling myself this :-) )

No link with Spotify is still irritating. For the music you need to manually move the mp3s from your computer to watch. Who has mp3s these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭winstonia

Garmin dead. Thinking about switching to this. Anyone have any issues?

I've had mine for a couple of years, nearly 4 thousand miles a d still getting 10 days on a charge. As event mentioned it's not really geared towards music but that's fine for me as I don't wear headphones running. The heartrate monitor is almost identical to my chest strap and gps has always been spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭winstonia

I changed my mind as the Garmin 745 was the same price. Probably regret but it has music and can use it to tap.

I dont think you'll regret it. I dont think either of them are better than the other, just an alternative

I actually sold my Epix Pro Gen 2 and bought a Pace 3 this evening which I'm looking forward to. The Epix was an unreal watch but absolutely overkill for my needs. I don't need a full lifestyle watch, just something running specific and I loved the Coros App from my Pace 2 / Apex 2 Pro so I'm looking forward to using it again for my next training block. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is exporting the Garmin data... bit of a pain but sure look!

Bought it on Amazon for the returns policy incase anything else comes up on Black Friday!

Im very interested on how much better(or worse) the 3 is to the 2. Please drop a few lines on your experience when you have used it a bit 👍️

Absolutely! I plan on putting up a little review on my IG in a week or so (@metricmarathonman) after a couple of runs, but initial impressions after around 10 hours:

1. Wi-Fi is a welcome addition! It will be nice to sync directly to the server when back in the house instead of constantly connecting to the phone for uploads.
    2. Touchscreen works great - not "laggy" as I thought it may be & it will definitely be beneficial during activities instead of reaching for the scroller.
    3. I'm not sure if it's the same for the Pace 2 (it's 20mm), but I'm able to use Garmin Quickfit 22mm straps and they fit perfectly! Really happy with this as I had 5/6 spare from previous watches so I'm able to use them straight away.
    4. When connecting the watch it asked me if I wanted to restore my settings from my Apex 2 Pro upload back in July! I knew I had it set the way I wanted back then, so it was nice not to go through all the menus to set up everything again (although after the watch was set up of course I went through all the settings again to check for anything new 😁 )
    5. Battery still on 99%, HR on constantly all day. As a Coros user, I'm sure you already know about the fantastic battery life.

One con out of the box is the lack of ANT+ but I’ve the Garmin Dual HRM so it didn’t affect me. May want to look into that if your HRM (if you use one) doesn’t have Bluetooth.

I have the Dual Frequency GPS mode on, I'll be out this evening/ tomorrow for a short run and then a longer one the weekend so I'll keep you posted on my experience 😀

Advertisement