Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hazel - Cosford Cob problem

Options
  • 17-05-2023 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,242 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know anything about hazel bushes? I have searched the internet but can't find any information on this problem.

I bought two cob nut bushes earlier in the year. One, Kentish Cob, is fine and is in full leaf. The Cosford Cob which was planted nearby is doing nothing. There are small tight buds, most of which are shrivelled and hard, only about 5 or 6mm long. If you break one off there is a speck of green just at the base, and the branch is green inside though the bark has a dull deadish look to it. One branch of the 6 or so branches is more glossy looking and the buds are green, but the same size and showing no signs of opening. Any ideas?

Edit, I did try to take some photos but they didn't show anything useful. I could cut pieces of branch off and bring them indoors to photograph but there really isn't much to see.

Advertisement