Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spouse Visa Application - USA

Options
  • 17-05-2023 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi, Is there anyone that could help me regarding a spouse visa application for the USA. I have my application in since September 2022. My wife and two daughters are already in the US. They are now bringing me over via a spouse visa application. They check online every so often online to see the status of the application and at the moment it has a time frame of 8 months on the application. From checking there processes on there website we believe this is 8 months is from the month of the application which would put this month May as the month where i should here about the next steps.

Has anyone here any recent experience of this type of application that might have some insight into the process.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭NSAman

No experience with this VISA application type. BUT.... USCIS is currently a nightmare to deal with. Delays are rampant. Expedited applications seem to be the only way proceed and even these have massive delays currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Maxx355

Thanks for your reply, ya its very hard to really know. The one favourable thing regarding the spouse visa is they have no limit on those.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Have your wife speak to her local congressional representative and explain the case.

That will speed things along.

It worked in my case and in a friends case this year. In his case his time from application to green card was under 1 month.

Advertisement