Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refugees at Magowna Inch

Options
  • 15-05-2023 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

Starting to kick off at Magowna Hotel this evening. One Bus load of refugees were brought in covertly in spite of Clare Co. Council , HSE and TDs giving guarantees that nothing would go ahead until investigations, and negotiations with the locals. Currently a large mob has all access roads blocked to the hotel, water and Electric has been cut off, no food deliveries allowed for the refugees.

Post edited by MarkR on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Fair play to the locals.

As is becoming a pattern, looks like ZERO consultation was held with the locals before this happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Wasn't there a meeting in a kilmaley pub last Friday is relation to this?

Believe Dooley promised an additional security guard for the hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭opinionated3

If this is bad, wait till the old avocent building in the Shannon free zone is finished retrofit for housing asylum seekers. I'd imagine you could fit a lot of people in a building of that size.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,262 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

When people organize, come together they can protect their communities, their rights, even just the idea of community.

Well done to the community for fighting back.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Silverdream

passed on my way home, I had to go through 3 different checkpoints. Should have just gone out the lahinch road rather than taking a short cut. Still a good few refugees there if that's what they are. I don't understand how its all young working aged males in the early 20s, how can they be classed as a refugee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Does anyone know have any of these men been vetted? 

How do they get the records of men who claim to come from the like of Somalia or Afghanistan???

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I don't know enough about the circumstances, and I don't think any of you do either. It's up to the state to ascertain eligibility, not us, and that's a national issue, not a Clare specific one.

Closing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement