Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soak pit

Options
  • 15-05-2023 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi I'm not sure if this is the right fourm. I bought a house out in the country and All my rain water drains are over flowing so I'm presuming my soak pit is blocked, iv tried rodding it but still no go. Is ther anything else I can do to clear the blockage in the soak pit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Any ditches small streams or rivers near the house, or even a shallow mostly filled in ditch by the side of a hedge?

Asking because often rainwater drains would go to the nearest ditch and they often become filled in over time.

You can't really fix a soak pit if it won't soak away you can' rod it out. You can rod out the drains that run to it but if they are clear all you can do is dig it all up and make it again or make another.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kerdiff

Thought I'd have to dig it up, trying to figure out how to find it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,285 ✭✭✭✭looksee

We discovered we have a soak pit. A dyno rod guy found it while looking for something else with a camera, he measured the length of cable and figured the direction and left us with a pretty good idea of where it is, for future reference.

This was confirmed last summer in the hot spell when a fox kept digging little holes, about the size of a cereal bowl, in one area of the drive. I put out a bowl of water for him and he stopped trying to get at the water (which was way down).

Advertisement