Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Checking in bag at Dublin airport

Options
  • 15-05-2023 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi,

I am travelling to the UK soon and need to check in a bag. I am flying with Aer Lingus. Just wondering if anyone here has had any issues with luggage not arriving? I will have hand luggage in the overhead locker, but I need to check in an additional bag as well.

Additionally, what is security like around 10-11am? I am hoping to check in online, and do a bag drop that morning as my flight leaves around lunchtime.

Would appreciate any replies.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭fdevine

Flew with Aer Lingus recently. No bag drop issues. Quick & easy.

Haven't heard any reports of lost luggage recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Snowcast

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate you taking the time to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Peak flying season is about to start and all the issues last year where at peak travel times. So while the airports have been OK so far with bags this year, as they start to get busy that's when the **** hits the fan and bags get lost. They still aren't paying enough so have no staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭fdevine

A lot of the baggage problems last year were caused by issues abroad which led to late arrival & mass arrival of bags into DUB AFAIK.

I have flown three times in the last year & no issues on either end. One of those was peak time to a sun destination.

Bag drop, even when just emerging from Covid, has never been an issue with Ryanair, Aer Lingus or Air France and has never taken more than 10 minutes.

Security times depend as much on day of the week as time of day but 10-11am for a lunchtime flight should avoid the worst of the rush.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Flew to the U.K. recently with AL. It happened to be an evening flight and security was exceptionally quiet.

No issues with bag drop or baggage arrival on the other side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Snowcast

Thanks a million everyone for your replies - appreciate you taking the time to help me!

Advertisement