Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to you move a metal shed?

Options
  • 15-05-2023 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I'm about to buy an Adman metal shed (Multistore 6'x7').

Is it possible to move one of these by hand if I need to move it to a different place in the garden? How heavy is on this size?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Depends on how you put it up in the first place. If you build a wooden base that is propped off the ground on concrete blocks its should be easy to jack it up and move it. Jack up, remove blocks, replace with round fence posts. Roll to new position then jack back up and replace blocks. Its a bit more complicated than that but you should get the idea.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 adiko

Do you have a 6'x7' multistore as well? How heavy would you say it is when it's empty?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

No don't have anything that light and flimsy. I've two wooden sheds over 20ft a whole load of chicken sheds all of which can be moved and many have with a bit of skill and some fore thought.

If you want to move it from one side of the house to another up a slope then OK its going to be tricky but not if you are moving it on the level.

I didn't realise these were sheds that were erected for you. Expect a quick rush job. So unless you can find out how they anchor them and do the base its hard to say how to move them. Four guys would easily walk that where you want to move it provided its not anchored down in a way you can easily get at and provided you can remove the floor - 4 people on the inside would lift it easier than 4 on the outside. Strongly suspect 2 could lift it.

Your shed https://www.woodies.ie/adman-multistore-standard-colour-metal-shed-6-x-7-1157157 ?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

Myself and my brother moved a 8ft x 10ft metal shed a few weeks ago.

We put 3 2x2s long ways under it and when put 2 3x3s across under them arms length apart. lifted one side and balanced it on a wheelbarrow. other person liften the other side and the wheelbarrow steered it to where we had made the new base about 50ft away. It turned out to be easier than we thought.

Advertisement