Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are people still active in this group?

Options
  • 15-05-2023 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭

Just curious if the group is still active ... first time posting in here .. I got back into singing about 2 years ago and I'd like to think I've been making a good bit of progress .. haven't been living in Ireland for a few years but I've given myself a bit of a project to cover some Irish songs over the next while and so far it's going well. One or two songs as Gaeilge as well but my confidence isn't so strong with those ( is my pronunciation correct for example )

I'd love to get into harsh vocals and screaming but that'll come at some stage no doubt ...

To date I've mainly been following some online vocal coaches and their free content (though I've also paid for a few bits and pieces as well)

Chris Liepe / Dr Dan / Mary Z and a few others

I'm mostly using my laptop with Garage Band to record with I guess you could say some measure of success. I go from using a proper mic and interface to a cheap 3 euro set of headphones at times

I find one of the biggest motivational factors is to share works in progress / final works.

The main singers I try to cover would be Chris Cornell / Pearl Jam / Tool / Xavier Rudd ... though I've also gone down the route of The High Kings ... Paul Brady ... Fear Factory :D :D

I'd probably share some stuff I've been covering but I don't want to spam the group as well (not to mention I don't see that many recent posts)

James

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

I'm going to guess that's a no :D

Advertisement