Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gloves

Options
  • 14-05-2023 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a decent pair of garden gloves? I'm spending a fortune trying to find some that have strong fingertips. Sick of gloves that rip after a few days digging in the soil. Trying to remove a load of Spanish Bluebells that came in on a gifted plant and have to dig deep and use my hands to get the bulbs out. They're worse than weeds.

Best Answers

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

Thank you all for the suggestions, I'll research them.

I'm digging the plants out but I'm having to sift through the earth to get as many of the little bulblets as possible out to minimise the growth for next year. I have to do this every couple of years to keep them under some sort of control. The Bluebells and Hellebores are the bane of my life trying to keep them from overtaking the whole garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Absolutely. A good leather glove for brambles, briars and nettles gives great protection, but they do loose their softness if they get wet.

Isn't there a shoe oil for softening leather, would that work here?

Advertisement