Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlerea pros and cons?

Options
  • 13-05-2023 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi folks,

I'm considering moving to Castlerea this year as it seems to have good amenities and house prices.

Just wondering if there were any areas to avoid? Any issues to keep in mind?

I'm part of the LGTB+ community and so am a little wary of Roscommon due to the vote but I'm hoping that's not a big problem?

All and any insight into living there would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 no one of interest

Avoid Castle Hill, AKA Pill hill.

Knockroe and Tarmon are the best areas.

I canvased here and Ros town during Yes Equality, and yes there was a few homophobic people, but not as many as you'd imagine. And I know some people have come around, since they realized the world didn't end.

What specifically are you interested in knowing?It's safe.

Happy to answer any questions

• Registered Users Posts: 31 pihjin

Thanks for the answer. Thay pretty much covers what I was looking to know I guess.

Mostly just that the areas I was looking at weren't known as the dodgy parts . It seems like a lovely town but its hard to tell from just a day trip!

Advertisement