Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a golf coach Louth/Meath/Dublin

Options
  • 13-05-2023 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭

Playing since November, have had 10 lessons to date with a local coach (PGA Pro) but frankly I don't gel well with him and don't find his coaching style fits me (plus he tries to upsell things). I don't expect to be great or close to it, but my long game is rotten, I'm shooting north of 130 in most rounds, and it's embarrassing.

I'd really like a golf coach who keeps things simple and beginner focused, rather than an overload of information. Based in Louth but I can travel for the right coaching.

Who would you recommend based on your experience or experience of people you know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Sent you a pm,

As an aside from the info in the pm your scores aren’t abnormal for the time you’ve played, golf is really really hard and I’ve only ever seen one person take to it super quickly so don’t be too disheartened.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 go1f

Sent you a PM too. I got some lessons recently and was quite happy with the coach.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Are recommendations not allowed on-thread here? I'm in the market for lessons too and it would be good to see who's being recommended by boardsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 go1f

Not quite sure actually. New to posting here so not sure of the specific rules. I got my lessons in Elmgreen so that will narrow it down for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I got a recommendation for lessons with Brian Kerley in Ardee and have been very happy with them. (edited to include name)

Post edited by Jimmy Bottlehead on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Don't think there is any issue with naming instructors. But there was historically issues with pros themselves coming on and plugging for business, and possibly some hint of fake accounts being created to "recommend" certain people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Yeah basically just being mindful to not be seen as promoting Brian as I always recommend him.

For reference he’s been my Brian my coach for a few years and I’ve dropped from 21 to a low of 7 under his instruction. I figure if he can get me to single figures he can probably get most people on the challenge tour.

Advertisement