Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Transaction

Options
  • 13-05-2023 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭

There is a transaction listed om my account as:

UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTION - - - +29.39

There is nothing to say where it's from and I wonder about the American spelling.

Should I query it?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Well if you did not make the transaction or don't know what it is about, then of course you need to check it out. It may well be a probing transaction to be followed up later by a serious fraudulent transaction or transactions, if no one raises the red flag on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

It actually says unauthorized CREDIT, rather than unauthorized transaction, if that makes any difference. It's strange also that it's an incoming amount rather than an outgoing. Will contact the bank.

Looks to me to be the reversal of an unauthorized transaction, they're giving you back the money that was taken fraudulently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

I logged on just now to get the number they provide for account queries and see the transaction has been deleted.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

If you're referring to the 'ize' as being specially American spelling, it's not. It's also proper British English spelling, as per Oxford Dictionary etc. Whether to use 'ise' or 'ize' is a stylistic choice.

So Irish banks may well choose to use 'ize'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

Sometimes the credit can hit before the debit, but there would be no more than 1 day between the transactions

Advertisement