Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Identifying a Guitar

Options
  • 12-05-2023 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭

My Dad bought this used mid 1960's - its always been about our house.

So its definitely 1960's, possibly 1950's - no markings as far as I can see.

It always had a set of steel strings on it - I recently replaced these.

Came in a green canvas bag with brown corduroy interior - would anyone know exactly what it is?

“Roll it back”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭ozmo

If its junk - Tell me please - lol - I can take it.

Its been passed around our houses for 50 years now - and noone can get a decent tune out of it lol...

“Roll it back”

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Google suggests that it could be a Gibson Cremona 459 Lignatone. The headstock is similar, as are the bridge and tailpiece

That looks like it all right - thanks :)

“Roll it back”

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

if you're in dublin, you could try ringing some neck guitars and see if they'll offer a valuation? they buy and sell vintage guitars.

read this first as "you could try ringing some neck" lol... :)

Thanks for that - Ill give them a call - I think it would be good to rehome this to someone who will make use again of it.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 audiobabble

ermm... 'Gibson' in the loosest sense... i.e. not made by Gibson. Made by Cremona in Luby, Czechoslovakia. Interesting though, would love to give it a strum!

Post edited by audiobabble on

Advertisement