Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micro SD seems to have completely died. - RIP

Options
  • 12-05-2023 5:38pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Worked fine in the morning on my way to work.

Noticed it not working on my way home.

I reset the phone, took it out, cleaned it, tried it in an adapter in a PC, tried it in another device. No detection, nothing.

Anyone know if there is a way to retrieve it? It's a 512Gb card, mostly music on it, about 300Gb of music.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭ozmo

in a pc - you say it doesnt show -

but look at "device manager" or "disc manager" and see if anything shows up as you plug it in - possibly a RAW partition- if it shows up here you may be able recover it using software.

If not - its a hardware fault - and you are sure contacts are really clean - then not a lot you can do - its dead.

Try put it in the fridge freezer for a few hours.... really long shot - but extreme temperature change can affect electronics - sometimes in a good way

- if this works - it might give you only for a short time to get your stuff off it.

“Roll it back”

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

It doesn't show up in disk manager. :-(

I cleaned the contacts with a contact cleaner and then again with a rubber. Still no dice.

May as well try the freezer thing as all else seems to have failed.

Cheers anyway.

Advertisement