Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harmony Scan, Panorama or Nuchal Translucency test?

Options
  • 12-05-2023 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey all,

I'm around 8 weeks pregnant and a bit lost on what tests to do (originally I'm not from Ireland and it works a bit differently in the country where I'm from).

I’m trying to find information on the difference between a harmony scan and a panorama scan. Emailed a few fetal clinics and it seems that they either offer harmony or panorama, and haven’t got a clear answer to my question, what is the difference? 

I also know that you have the option for microdeletion with panorama is that the same with harmony? For now, I don’t think I want that but just curious.

Lastly, the Nuchal Translucency test is that something you have to do on top of the Harmony or Panorama? This is something that is always done in my country of origin. Is that still needed if you do the Harmony or Panorama scan?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ucsie

I think the Panorama checks a few (very very rare) extra things compared to the Harmony.

You don't need to do the nuchal translucency on top. When I got the harmony test done almost three years ago now, it didn't work the first time so I had to go back two weeks later for a redraw. That second time, they took the nuchal translucency measurements and bloods too, so I would at least have that if the harmony failed again. I believe those measurements need to be taken on very specific weeks.

Advertisement