Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MATLAB

Options
  • 12-05-2023 1:45am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Do you use MATLAB at work? If so what do you do with it?

Just wondering as I don't remember using, or hearing about it, when I was in college for Aero Eng.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

I used Matlab in college for Digital Signal Processing. It was for a Computer Science degree.

Looking back it was a pretty well rounded course (dsp, ethics, programming, methodologies, inner workings of Operating systems, etc) and at the time had the highest dropout and failure rate in Ireland, back before everyone had a computer and information wasnt widely available (pre google)

Never used it for work though not surprising as I ended up in legacy fintech.

Only thing I recall about it was using input to create graphs and also creating 'music notes' using code/formulas.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭AerLingus747

using it in college for communication systems modelling currently

Have used it previously for DSP, and other comms stuff.

Haven't used it in work, but there are guys who do use it for modelling signal processing stuff for voice comms.

Advertisement