Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Car Parks all sold out

Options
  • 11-05-2023 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Getting a flight from Dublin for the weekend. Depart Friday evening at 5:30PM and return on Sunday night/Monday morning at 1AM. ALL the car parks are now full according to the Dublin Airport website! What are my options?

I would usually pre-book the red car park. Could I just arrive up to it and hope they let me in - take a ticket at the entrance and pay at the kiosk on my return? TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,173 ✭✭✭✭L1011

This is because Quickpark went bust and have taken away a quarter of the total spaces. The DAA were the preferred bidder for the lands but it has gone for competition approval.

Turning up at the long terms is unlikely to work, and drive-up prices at the short stays are painful.

Various hotels nearby do parking and you can use their shuttle bus; not sure which ones are doing it now but worth checking the Holiday Inns (2), Carlton, Metro, Clayton at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,649 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Where are you travelling from to Dublin Airport ?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SACH Central

It’s complicated! I definitely need to drive to the airport. I’m bringing home a passenger that has 2 big, bulky bike boxes

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

This happened us Easter weekend last year. Dublin Airport car park was full as were the nearby hotel car parks. Couldn't get the bus as our flight was landing back in Dublin after the last bus departed to where we lived so we had to drive.

We ended up parking at the Red Cow and got the Dublin Coach to the airport. Was fine getting to the airport but getting back to the Red Cow was terrible. The airport was very busy and there wasn't a taxi to be had. The rank was a bit chaotic. Had to wait for over 2 hours for a Dublin Coach that was going to the Red Cow. The Red Cow got us out of a bind but wouldn't be too eager to do it again. You could put the bikes in the hold of the bus out to the Red Cow. Might do you if you're very stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I'm heading for 8 nights in a few weeks and long term red was working out at 30 euro more than taxis each way. Ridiculous but that's what happens with no genuine competition

• Advertisement
Advertisement