Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tassimo Finesse by Bosch Price

Options
  • 11-05-2023 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Planning on puchasing one of these - but the price in Ireland is ridiclous.

Currys - €139, Argos - €130, Tassimo website - €135.

The UK price is £50 with a pod bundle, but they don't deliver to Ireland.

On Amazon.DE it's €39.99 plus 11.50 delivery.

If I order from the UK site and have it delivered using An Post address pal, I'm guessing I'll be hit with customs charges.

Will I be able to buy it through Amazon.DE without any extra charges etc? It'll have a euro plug but an adapter will solve that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Jafin

Harvey Norman website has it at €59.95. Also on the UK website it's showing that the £39.99 is a reduction down from £119.99. Perhaps the price reduction has only just started and not all retailers have updated their pricing yet, if they're going to do it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Stewball

Good spot - I forgot to check HN.

I'll just buy it from there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

amazon.de price that you see is what you pay, no import charges from fellow EU country.

They are a great little machine and the coffee is second to none. The machines often come up on special offer in Dunnes or Tesco and I have a spare one from the last sale. They last years once you remember to use the cleaning disc every few weeks.

Kaffekapslen is the best place I have found to buy the pods, they work out a smidgen over half price of the supermarkets here once you buy over 60 euro worth which gives you free delivery.

Beautiful coffee and a savage selection of pods, careful with the "Café L'or Long Intense" choice, it's supposed to be a large cup but is really more like an espresso.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Stewball

I was thinking there wouldn't be any extra charges coming from Germany - but with the vast difference in price the old saying 'it's too good to be true' came to mind.

Looking forward to getting my hands on it at the weekend now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

What pods are you using for this? My folks got this machine and it came with Costa pods which were very weak in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭GSBellew

Best place for pods in my experience is here:

The XL ranges will give you a proper size mug rather than a cup, my wifes favorites would be the L'OR XL / XL Intense

The Jacobs XL Cafe Crema and Cafe Crema Intenso are also nice

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭billgibney

I used to use maxicoffee.com but they've gotten a lot more expensive recently, but some different ones from the usual.

Also what's the story with costa pods only having 6 or 12 in a box!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

If you are buying from Amazon then buy from Amazon U.K. which is fully set up for delivery in Ireland. Fulfilled from the new warehouse off the N7 for some products. Delivered by their own vans without delivery costs. VAT and duty will be Irish with no unforeseen costs.

Advertisement