Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Markus Muhle / Lukullus stock

Options
  • 11-05-2023 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi all,

So after MONTHS of trying to get my head around food options for the incoming pup and a lot of help on this forum (thank you) I have finally landed on either Markus Muhle or Lukullus cold pressed dry food. However the Junior products in both ranges are out of stock on Zooplus.ie and I'm not sure if there is any other reliant stockists.

My question is, for anyone familiar, are these brands reliably in stock with Zooplus or is this a regular occurrence? If I'm reliant on one stockist only, they might not be the right choice unfortunately.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I’ve found Zooplus stock to be hit and miss at times and the prices creep up. Have you looked at Darf cold pressed? I’m assuming you’ve settled on a cold pressed food? It’s next day delivery with Fetch and you get reward points too. They’re a great Irish company to deal with. I’ve no idea if the price is good / bad though as I raw feed from day one. (There’s a bag of puppy gain the breeder gave me still in the press almost 2 years lol 😂)

Also i’d advise you to get a smallish bag to start with in case it doesn’t suit your pup(!)

https://www.fetchyourpetneeds.ie/darf-cold-pressed-puppy-food/

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭unimaginativeusername

Funnily DARF had been my choice but it’s just a little bit more expensive, but I may have to revisit especially if Zooplus isn’t too reliable. Good shout on the small bag to suit so I can assess things on the “other end”.

And thank you for your help - you’ve been a great source of info.

PS. I’d be keen to try raw feeding down the line but I think we’ll have a lot going on initially so don’t want to bite off more than I can chew to start with!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

We fed MM junior for a good 6 months and bought from zooplus with no stock issues.

Thank you - it seems like a great option and more affordable than some, so I hope it comes back in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭mobby

When you say junior do you mean mini pellets? I had tried the mini size but my dog would gobble it down to fast. Any way thought the normal food was better for him he had to chew a bit more. Just ordered a bag now will take about a week.

• Advertisement

MM have a cold pressed Black Angus product in Junior, Senior, Adult - I think the mini pellets are for small breeds? It was in stock a few days ago and has since disappeared. It's a shame as it looked great and a good price so I'd be so happy if it was easy and reliable to get.

Advertisement