Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir 5G Mobile Broadband service has gotten awful in Passage West Cork

Options
  • 11-05-2023 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

I have used Eir 5G Mobile broadband for work in Passage West for the past 2 years. No issues. In the past two days the speed has been less than 1mbps. I have less than 400GB of my 1024GB allowance used so it should not be getting throttled. I have spoken to a few friends experiencing similar issues.

Any advice? Is there a way to contact Eir on here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭grimeire

could be a number of things like cell issues. Congestions. Speeds i get now are about 75% of what i did get as now more people have 5G phone.

I am with three and literally use only one cell as it gives me the best speed and often when speeds are slow i change for a few days or week to another cell and then go back and its as it was before.

If you have huawei router try Huactrl app and you can mess with the cells your connecting to.

Out of coursity. Why you using EIR? there is no data cap with three and its €20 per 28 days for 5G on ready to go. I found EIR speeds were awful when testing even in city center a year or so ago and only three had decent 5G speeds.

Advertisement