Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relationships

Options
  • 10-05-2023 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys am new here,

Just looking some advice in my late teens i was seem a guy, he moved countrys to go to uni lost contact, hes teaching at my daughters school he asked me for a coffee a few times i said no, now this year hes teaching my daughter, we had a brief meeting and i asked him did he still want to go for coffee, he looked really awkward and said hes seen somone, which i found out isnt true..

I cant get him out of my head and seen him daily isnt helping

Post edited by Big Bag of Chips on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

@Big Bag of Chips maybe move this to personal issues?

Why did you say no when he asked you for coffee when you first bumped into him?

I don't think dating your daughters teacher is a good move now anyway. It could lead to a very awkward messy situation.

It was probably easier to say he was with someone rather than explain the potential implications it could have on his career if he persued a relationship with one of his students parents.

I'd let this one go tbh. You said no initially, for whatever reason, he's moved on. You're fixated now as it's something you can't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Clara91

Thanks for reply i said no because i felt i wasnt ready to date and i explained it to him

• Administrators Posts: 13,771 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Hi @Clara91 I'm so sorry I did not see this thread.

I know it is a while since you started it, but if you are interested in advice I will leave it open here.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Tio07

Hi op,

its possible that as you turned him down originally he feels awkward now and added with the fact he is now your daughter’s teacher. Also if you asked while in a parent teacher meeting / school setting he may have been in a position where it was just inappropriate timing.

Either way I would let it go for now and maybe when he is not teaching your daughter and you met him in a social setting you could try strike up conversation again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭YellowLead

He won’t be your daughters teacher forever, so wait until he isn’t and you can see the lie of the land then.

Also, he may be seeing seeing somebody and it’s new. A lot of people (men in particular) don’t discuss their dating lives and even their close friends might not find out until it becomes more serious, so he may well have been telling the truth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭Tork

If I asked somebody out and they said this to me, I'd translate it as "I don't fancy you enough to go out with you". He asked you to go for coffee a few times and each time, you turned him down.

Besides, going out with the parents of one of your students sounds like madness to me. I don't know if there's anything ethically wrong with it, but I can see it causing problems for him at school.

Advertisement