Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Cavan town

Options
  • 10-05-2023 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Good people of Cavan, I'll be in Cavan town this Saturday 13th for the Sligo v Kildare U20 final in Breffni park at 1:30 pm. I'll be coming from Dublin and would like to know a good place to park to get on the road back to Dublin easily after the game. I'm expecting a lot of traffic and really don't want to be stuck in a tailback for miles. Any tips or secret parking spots much appreciated.. thanks a lot 👍🏻

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Depending on how much your willing to walk. The Kilmore Hotel on the outskirts of the town would give you a quick exit back to dublin, however you would be walking 25-30 mins to get to the pitch.

If you want to park closer, you could try the Lidl on the Ballinagh Road, and this would allow you to take the ballinagh road roundabout and bypass back to the main dublin road roundabout back onto the dublin road. Its the stretch from dublin road roundabout towards the pitch gets the worse of the traffic so thats where you need to try and avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Some_randomer

Ok thanks.. looking at the map would it make sense to take the road through Roscalgan and Rathcorrick from the Ballinagh road roundabout? This would bring me out past the Applegreen on the Dublin road and close to the Lavey Inn 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Not the best road to be honest but you could do that, but if you get through the Dublin road roundabout from that moynehall roundabout, the traffic speeds up to 100kph quickly enough.

Also match days be wary of speed vans from Apple green to Lavey inn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Kilmore hotel and walk for a quick exit towards Dublin. 30min walk.

Advertisement