Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Additives for E10

Options
  • 10-05-2023 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Just looking for recommendations of additives to add to fuel to deal with E 10.For 2 classics one 60s and one 80s

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭MrCostington

• Registered Users Posts: 6 etype868

Since the introduction of E10 here in April I've been using Millers VSPe Powerplus in a 1967 Jaguar 4.2 and a 1989 Bentley Turbo with zero issues and no hot start problems. I've gone with Millers EPS for my 1973 Land Rover that does'nt need any Octane boost and also no issues to report there. I'll have to keep an eye on the fuel system hoses and seals this year and monitor for any side effects of E10 but my main fear of poor running is not an issue so far......

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Would you need to adjust the timing or something for E10, my mk1 gti with the mechanical fuel injection seemed a bit off yesterday, hesitated a few times, like some sort of fuel problem. I've put in new fuel pump and hoses etc so think it may be down to the E10 was fine last week on e5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭w124man

95 E10 is still 95 Octane petrol. I would only mess with ignition timing if the Octane rating went down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

The variously lead substitutes (which is essential unless I want burnt valves) in the petrol of my '70 Wolseley 16/60 usually have this or that additive (which I'll confirm tomorrow). I've found myself having to adjust the carbs recently, which makes me wonder, but it could well be that I need to clean the SU carb.

• Advertisement
Advertisement