Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Belfast Int Airport

Options
  • 09-05-2023 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭

We had a bit of a disaster in Dublin Airport last May and after the holiday said we'd use Belfast next time, came back from Tenerife last week and thought i'd let ya all know my experience

Took us 2hrs to driver there, had pre booked 10 nights in the Main Stay car park for 64stg, when we got there it was a 2minute walk to terminal, Similar in Dublin would have cost 197Euro

Check in was empty, just walked up, dropped cases and through security, which took less than 2mins, no massive walk to the planes, another 5mins and at the gate

Booked again with Jet2 for next year, costing us 2,000STG for 10 nights half board, first week is in half term too, exact same holiday from Dublin with Tui comes in at 3,500 for only 7 nights

Crazy price difference, wont be in a rush to fly from Dublin again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Sounds a bit like a Shannon airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭cml387

Well of course, no one outside Dublin would use Dublin Airport if at all possible (indeed many from Dublin might choose not to).

Unfortunately sometimes it's not possible. I know the thought of suffering Dublin to go on holidays always knocks some of the anticipation off.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gmac40

Hi...

And we are the reverse up here. Some holidays are cheaper to fly from Dublin and it,s handy to get to for us..just over an hour down the M1. Parking too is something similar although I always prefer to fly out of Dublin..Looks more like an airport..😉

Using it this week..😃

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

I hoped you've booked your long stay car parking. A rep from the DAA was on the radio earlier saying the carpark is full.

Advertisement