Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hegde and border question

Options
  • 09-05-2023 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Having issue with neighbour and a hedge. The hedge is apart of my property and all the roots on my side but foliage is going into his side. Neighbour is desperate for a wall or fence but I want to keep my hedge. He is saying he can remove the hedge, i dont think so but need advice please

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

He can cut all foliage up to the boundary line and dig a foundation up to the line. BTW the roots cannot be only in your side if the hedge has grown at all, digging the foundations may severely damage the hedge.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭cap.in.hand.

A fence with stanchions on his side would accommodate your hedge at your side ....it may need removing part of the hedge by making it narrower

• Registered Users Posts: 7 GFunk Step2 This

What proof do you have that the hedge is on your side? Is there something else on the gound to delineate the boundary? Have you maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Setanta1234

The neighbour in question put a wire mesh going up along inside the hedge, indicating his side. Shows the hedge was planted on my side

• Registered Users Posts: 26,056 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Only if you assume that the wire fence runs along the boundary (rather than the hedge doing so). Any reason for this assumption? Which was there first — the hedge or the fence?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Out of curiosity, is there a reason why they are desperate for a wall or fence rather than a hedge?

Advertisement