Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung upgrade

Options
  • 09-05-2023 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

I'm due an ugrade. I have a Samsung 20 fe and wondering what's a good Samsung phone to move on to? I like the new flip phone but it's very dear even as an upgrade.

What's a good option?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

IMO go to the Samsung Store and buy sim free. If you have revolut you can get 15% off and 2% cashback. Also they are offering 20% off selected models. So it maybe cheaper than signing a contract.

Also thay off trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭apache

I thought it would be cheaper in the long run to lock into another 2 year contract on €35 a month with Three.

On ready to go are you charged for web use? €35 a month on a bill would be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭TheRona

I pay €8 for unlimited everything with 48.ie, so over 2 years that would be about €650 saved, which could be put towards a phone. Even on something like GoMo at €15/month, you would save almost €500. You just need to add up with total cost over the 2 years between the two options and figure out what is best for you. Contracts very rarely have any value these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭apache

I should have researched more but I was in a bit of a hurry. I went with the S23. Nice compact phone. Did cost me €440 upfront.

That Samsung smartswitch is great for transferring all data over.

Advertisement