Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for winter sun - 2 adults 2 teens

Options
  • 09-05-2023 7:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi

Looking for recommendations for winter sun ( we dont like it too hot thankfully!), in Europe late Oct / early November.

Preferably direct flight, close to amenities and things to do. Villa recommendations would be welcome too!

TIA

RM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,150 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Really only Canaries, if you are hoping for winter sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Discod

Canaries or maybe Mallorca

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭fdevine

+1 for Canaries

I'd consider looking for a nice all-inclusive place. Prices for AI in Canaries are on a par with, if not cheaper than, HB in mainland Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭PGE1970

+1 for the Canaries.

I'd try Puerto Del Carmen in Lanzarote.

Our 17 year old loved the go-karting here (they will pick you up):

He also loved the day trip to Timanfaya which is the volcano park. There's also watersports along the beach.

I'd go B&B as there are loads of eating & drinking options and it's good value.

We've stayed at the Gloria Izaro and liked it (the breakfast is a very good spread - something for everyone). I think that they have two bedroom apartments.

You don't need to hire a care as PDC isn't far from the airport. About €16 in a taxi.

In October/November, there won't be too many teenagers around but that might be a bonus!

Advertisement