Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carer's Allowance Review of my husband from Social Welfare.

Options
  • 08-05-2023 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Does anyone know about how you go about getting proof of old closed down bank accounts of 14 years ago?

I tried my bank Bank of Ireland, but since it was 14 years ago they can't provide proof it was closed

down.

How did Social Welfare get access to the 3 last digits of my old closed down bank accounts when I or the bank can't offer proof?

Can Social Welfare stop the Carer's Allowance ifwe don't or can't provide proof?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

You must have provided them with info on the closed account before and maybe forgot about The same thing happened me where i forgot to give them details of one small acc and they replied asking for details of acc no ending in ??? just by good luck i had it

just explain your situation It will probably tae months of letters and phone calls but should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭doc22

Get a letter from the branch stating that you have no accounts at branch (other than perhaps another known one) and that should shut them up.

Advertisement