Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Platinum credit card

Options
  • 08-05-2023 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi all,

I applied and was approved for the AIB platinum credit card, mainly due to losing my Ulster bank cc with the closure.

My limit on the UB card was 15k, but AIB of course do not tell you the limit until the card comes, so does anyone have experience with what the minimum amount they generally apply onto these cards?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jjnaas

5K minimum for Platinum.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭OrangeLavender

You can also request a credit limit increase in the app a couple of times every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,851 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I’m pretty sure default is 15.

it will be on your statement also

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pablo82

Thanks all, got the card this morning and yes 15k limit, so thats a relief!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

handy card to have, the bonus rebate isnt the best but its enough to cover the stamp duty and a litttle bit more with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jjnaas

My limit was 5k, have always been approved for my limit increases though. Would have loved that 15K default 😁 but everyone in my family got the 5K default - maybe it's us!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,851 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

You probably don’t have platinum card then

or else they don’t like ya 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I have an AIB platinum card and my limit is €5600 . This was the limit on my vanilla AIB card before I got a platinum card . I didn’t ask for a bigger limit , so I’m not bothered , but they didn’t offer to increase it

• Registered Users Posts: 25,357 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

After the last financial crash, the Central Bank told the local banks they could not increase the limit on a credit card account, unless the cardholder asked.

Advertisement