Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renovation loan types for derelict property

Options
  • 08-05-2023 12:53am

Hello all,

My partner and I recently purchased a semi-derelict property and paid cash. We are now deciding how to restore it and importantly, how to finance the restoration. It Soho’s simply take too long to complete the project if we did it pay cheque to pay cheque.

We have already connected electricity to the property and restored the septic tank. The property benefits from mains water already. So the basics are there already

We anticipate needing around €100k to restore the existing property and add on an extension to bring it up to modern standards.

Should we be looking for mortgages or home improvement loans? I don’t know how the process differs when you already own the property.

We don’t have experience of the Irish mortgage / loan market so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement