Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer cutting of tree branches(not tree felling)

Options
  • 07-05-2023 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Looking for advice as we can’t find anything definitive as regards legislation.

There are trees growing from a neighbouring property, firstly the branches are impacting on a roof of a building, secondly there is no light getting to our hedge.

As we didn’t get time to cut them back before March 1st, can we cut back branches to a boundary, where it is already clear that there are no nests? I know tree felling is allowed within 30m of a building but I’m confused about whether the hedge cutting legislation takes precedent or not?

Any advice would be appreciated, I’ve searched the threads and can’t find anything that answers this specifically.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

There are no restrictions on this type of work in a garden setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,737 ✭✭✭✭elperello

If cutting at this time is an issue that might cause conflict with the neighbour just wait until later in the year.

The roof will be ok and the hedge will survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gilmore_Girl

Thanks, so no legislation on this type of work, that’s great to know.

Advertisement