Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accident last year - claim now?

Options
  • 04-05-2023 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

hi all,

I would really appreciate your advice... I reversed my car into a tree and did significant damage to the rear passenger door. I had initially planned to just go ahead and get it fixed myself, but my mechanic cant find a door etc etc. Could I go to the dealership at this point in time and put it through my insurance? I have fully comp.

Post edited by Henry Ford III on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

You need to contact your insurer asap to see what they say, as you have breached a policy condition not to advise them immediately as soon as an incident occurs, which might give rise to a claim. The outcome will depend on a number of factors, namely the following

How long go did this happen?

Have you renewed the policy since the incident, or moved to a different insurer?

Is the damage still as it was at the time, or has the failure to repair it worsened the situation?

Has the repair cost significantly increased since the damage occurred?

Advertisement