Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 288

Options
  • 07-05-2023 6:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭

Late thread. Sterling holds on with a split decision win. A lot of rounds open to interpretation, I had it 3-2 Cejudo but you couldn't really argue with it going the other way.

Fight in New Jersey, and Sterling, the home town boy(New York), got booed by the crowd who were shouting for Cejudo.

Belal Muhammad was impressive although Burns had no left hand, he never used it. Even if he had I don't think he'd have won.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Yeah you can't argue if it went either way with the decision for me, I think both fighters knew it was very close. Aljo so much bigger than Henry.

Think that's the end for Cejudo as I can't see him hanging around. Maybe if O'Malley beats Aljo he might get another shot?

Belal Again looked much bigger than Burns, very easy win for him but I wonder what was the problem with Burns as surely if his left hand was that bad beforehand he'd pull out?

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭barryribs

I don't know what we did to deserve Muhammed and Sterling, in five round fights, on the same card

• Registered Users Posts: 23,815 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Not sure if that fight came to soon for burns or whether belal has just improved that much, think Belal has improved and when he's

forced to stand he's quite good in fairness to him.

I was surprised a judge gave it to henry

Now with o malley being up next I wish it were possible for both to lose

Aljo reminds me very much of Woodley, neither will ever be fan favourites

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Total borefest.

Advertisement