Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Towing socket fitting

Options
  • 06-05-2023 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

My IX35 has a tow bar when I bought it and I am looking at buying a caravan though there is no socket for trailer lights. I would rather get someone to install. Any advice on where I can get this done?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Any auto electrician can do it and most competent mechanics should be able.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Make sure your tow bar has a compliance plate on it. Odd that someone fitted one with no lighting socket, Mine has one that folds up under the bumper. You have to pull it down to use it. It’s not ordinarily visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,090 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Get an auto electrician to install the socket so that it is set up correctly for integration with the canbus.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭barongreen

Anyone got recommendations for the north louth area. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭db

make sure you get a 13 pin socket fired. It is better than getting two 7 point sockets and will have power for the fridge and charger. you can always get an adapter of the caravan has 7 point sockets. 13 pin has been standard since 2013.

• Advertisement
Advertisement