Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qualifying for French PME without Erasmus: What French Language Courses Meet the Requirements.

Options
  • 05-05-2023 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

So I'm just finishing my Bachelors in French and I'm looking to do the PME for 2024. I didn't go on Erasmus so according to the Irish Teaching Council I need to undertake an immersive educational experience and one of the options is attending a French Language course in a place where French is the vernacular. I'm considering going to Lyon as a wide range of courses are offered there but I'm not sure if there is a specific course I need to take or if I need to earn some kind of certificate. I'm just wondering if anyone has had to do the same and what requirements you had to meet, if any, or do you just have to show that you attended any 4-week French language course?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

Any three month residential stay in the language community that you can document, not even necessarily a language course. You could get a summer job in a shop and send them your payslips. It's very strangely defined.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TTEDA

Not true - this has changed. Erasmus by itself even isn't enough to satisfy the conditions for an "immersive educational experience". I'd advise OP to confirm with the Teaching Council what the language course requirements are.

Advertisement