Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stansted Flight Connection Times

Options
  • 05-05-2023 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi all,

Family have flights booked from Spain that arrive into Stansted at 7.45am and the forwarding flight to Ireland is departing at 8.45am.

Is this doable does anybody know?? Will only have carry on bags. Any information greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Wouldn't be hopeful with one hour. Gate for flight to Ireland will probably close 30 minutes before departure so you probably won't even have a full hour to make the flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

If these are Ryanair flights, they are not 'connections'. Ryanair are a point to point airline and you will have to clear Passport Control and reclear security. Not a snowball's chance in Hell of doing this in an hour.

Bit late to start worrying about it now - should have checked BEFORE booking the flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

On the odd occasion I've done this on point-to-point carriers, I've always given myself a minimum of 3.5 to 4 hours, just on case the first flight is delayed.

Last time I came through Stansted I was waiting nearly 30 mins in Passport control.

I'd have a back up plan if I was you...

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Layne

Thanks for all the feedback. Haven't booked the flight to Ireland yet so will have to look at a later flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭VG31

There's loads of flights from Stansted to Dublin. I would allow absolute minimum 3 hours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement