Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Can't play games purchased by brother

Options
  • 05-05-2023 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Hi, hoping someone here can help.

So I've 3 kids who recently bought a ps5 after having a ps4. They each have their own accounts on both machines.

When they had the ps4, regardless who's account was used to buy a digital game they could all play it on their own accounts.

However, on the ps5 this is not the case, they can only play the games they bought. For example my youngest bought soul knight, on the ps4 it's available to each of them but on the ps5 only he can access it. The others have to buy it, as you can imagine I'm not in the mood to pay for the same game multiple times.

Just wondering if it's a setting or something I'm missing.

In case it's relevant, the games are mostly stored on an external harddrive, but even those stored on the console seem to have the same issue. I also think some of the games are also saved on the ps4.

Comments

Advertisement