Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ouya

Options
  • 05-05-2023 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks

Didn't realize I had this system

It's brand new and unused

Is there a market for them?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not especially.

Mine is gathering dust for a very long time.

As a device, it's just a low powered custom-android console.

You'd probably get more function out of a cheap android phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭Inviere

If this hobby has thought me anything, it's that someone, somewhere, would love to own a boxed, unused Ouya. List it on Adverts and see how it goes. Failing that, take it to eBay

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The controller was the best part of it, with an innovative magnetic cover under which two AA batteries powered it.

As far as I know, this is a standard bluetooth controller which can be used on any device that accepts it.

I just had a check and there is still some support for the Ouya with CFW available.

Here's a video of it and a link to the site

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I made an offer on an unboxed ouya with controller a few months back he only wanted 25 euro but wouldn't post sadly.

I always keep an eye out for similarly priced ones just for the fun of tinkering with it, they're obviously woefully underpowered these days, especially when a little 4gb Android TV box is forty euro or less which will obviously do a much better job.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
Advertisement