Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bracket Design

Options
  • 05-05-2023 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,062 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I have a bracket that I asked someone on people per hour to modify for me.

I done the original myself, but needed some dimensions altered after I test fitted some samples.

This is what I created:

I needed internal length to be reduced from 85mm to 75mm.

Internal width increased from 75mm to 78mm.

This is what has been provided:

I've just realised that my drawing didn't define that it is to be 3mm zinc plated or galv.

Does the drawing provided make sense? To me it seems overly complicated and overly precise in terms of dimensions. The engineering firm will not be able to manufacture to that tolerance and I don't need it to that tolerance.

He also provides a DXF file which I assume it's a file for automated bending machine?

Thanks.

Post edited by funkey_monkey on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Their drawing makes sense, but doesnt match up with what you asked.

Their bracket is 2mm thick material (which they probably didnt know, but shouldve asked you) and the inside length is not 75mm, looks to be 78.20 mm.

You didnt give a measurement for the 2 x Ø11 holes, where they should be located, but I assume in the middle of the 40mm sections?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,062 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Yes the holes are centered are they not in his diagram? Inside now should be 75mmx78mm.

Should I ask for the precision of his measurements to be reduced?

@Jacovs - Got it updated again for 3mm thickness material.

Would an engineering be able to work with the precision of the bend points in the second part? I'm assuming they are making the large quantity of these using an automated bender rather than by hand!

Anyone working in manufacturing able to answer the above?

Advertisement