Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20% increase Old Speckled Hen 500Ml Tesco

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

where's the rip off?

Price has increased. It actually used to be more expensive a couple of years ago (€2.69) but was in the 5 for €10 offer. That changed after some legislation changed and it came down to €2.10 a bottle.

Its £2 - £2.40 in the UK https://www.sandhamswine.co.uk/old-speckled-hen-500ml-bottles/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

4x 500mL cans is £4.99 in Tesco UK!

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dominicbond

I was at Tesco last week. It is now €4

Are they mad?

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement

yeah was in Liffey valley Tesco yesterday. It said 2.50 on the shelf, but at the till it look Eur 4. Rip off + plain fooling people

Did they refund you the difference? They were legally obliged to

Life ain't always empty.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

They aren’t legally obliged to refund the price charged at the till regardless of what the price on the shelf said. It being Tesco they obviously would refund, but there’s no legal obligation to do so.

I only realised it the next day when I went there again. Did not have the previous receipt, else would have challenged them.

The sad part was the staff (a student most probably) saw the wrong pricing on the shelf , but made no attempt to rectify it. Typical no care behaviour I guess.

Wrong or misleading pricing

Traders must not display false or misleading prices. If a trader makes a mistake and the actual price is more than the price displayed, you must be told the correct price before you pay. The trader does not automatically have to sell to you at the lower price. They must correct the mistake as soon as possible. It is an offence for the trader to knowingly charge more than the price displayed.

If you notice after that you were charged a higher price than what is displayed, bring this to the trader’s attention. You can ask for a full refund or a difference in the price.

Be aware when you buy online that the contract terms often reserve the right to cancel the transaction where there has been a genuine or obvious pricing error.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tescos own brand manislav beer went from €2 to €2.15, it is a glass bottle but I expect it may be to do with trying to cover the costs of implementing the deposit nonsense, which must run into millions for them.

8 packs of bulmers are now 16.50 (+1.20 deposit), which have been 14.50 -15.50 for a very long time now. A fair few others have gone up compared to their usual prices. But the manufacturers will also have to put it up too, can't be cheap for them either.

O briens is usually cheaper, and most of their beer is very cold. The stuff on the shelves in tesco is noticeable warm, the little stuff in the fridges is barely below room temp.

• Advertisement
Advertisement