Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

User not found

Options
  • 04-05-2023 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone else come across this recently when you go into a profile it says

User not found, came across it several times over the last year but never got around to posting about it

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,064 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Got any example accounts? Or is random and intermittent?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

This one popped up last night I've seen it twice before but recently, can't remember off the top of my head though,

64869923 that's the user name ,I can't even share the link in the box below

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,064 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Yes it i click on comments I'm getting the user not found message again

So part of the problem here is their username isn't 64869923, it's "64869923 ", there's a space at the end. You can see it in the URL encoded as %20. I can see their comments just fine off their profile page.

Can you post the exact link that gives you the user not found error? I'm wondering if this is a mobile vs desktop thing, or if the %20 is getting dropped off erroneously.

• Advertisement

I'm on mobile- even if I try to share the URL below,I'm getting a different error

https://www.boards.ie/profile/comments/64869923

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

That's the URL without the trailing space, as described above. The trailing space is the issue here.

If I add the URL below I'm getting this error.

You're probably seeing an error about not being allowed by robots.txt or somesuch. Paste the link and then press space after it, not return, it should paste as text and not attempt to be previewed.

Still getting the same message with the space included ,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Create the gap needed to post the URL, then paste it in and click/tap somewhere else - don't tab or space away from it, as it will generally give that error any link

That's Vanilla being Utterly Useless.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement