Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Meadows, Rolestown

Options
  • 04-05-2023 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am just wondering if anybody knows what the delay is with The Meadows development in Rolestown.

The properties have been re-advertised on DAFT. I initially thought that it was another phase being released, however it is the original 10 properties again.

The Estate looks like its coming close to completion, but the houses are back up for sale?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

I heard they were waiting for the flight paths on the North Runway to be sorted out. People were getting spooked when they were up there and getting buzzed by the planes taking off.

I think now that they go around Rolestown so those houses are back on the market.

Still a lot of plane noise though from that runway up there so would anyone really be wanting to pay the guts of €1M for them? On the plus side the gardens are microscopic so you wouldnt really be outside to have to listen.

Also what was supposed to be a park down by the river was a nice selling point, but they are looking to not do that now and build more houses there instead of the park.

They also tried to get gates put on the development but were denied permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CuteAngryBird

Hi, I like the houses but I am hesitant to move to Rolestown. 1. they started selling those houses since last year June and the houses have been on the market for almost a year, which is worrying.. 2. it seems not very young children friendly as there is not really any playground nearby or sth.. or if we want to push the baby for a walk in the buggy, we had to walk on the streets.

on the other hand, we like the house itself a lot. We are thinking back and forth so many times and haven't made up our minds..

so struggling.. have you decided? cheers

Im not buying there. I just know the area. Those houses are being built since about 2007. They knocked the first ones down and then started again.

That site seems to keep changing. One minute they are building 5 houses. then they are building 10. Then they are knocking them down, then they are building a little park with a picnic area in there beside the river at the bottom of the meadows. (They keep changing the name of the place too). Then they are looking for gates. Then they are building houses where the park is supposed to be beside the river. There were also rumors that the council were interested in the houses for the travelers from the airport site.

One thing is for sure about those particular houses. Its ever changing. I would definitely without a doubt try and find out if the council are buying any of them or how many and which ones are part 5 and who is getting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CuteAngryBird

thanks for the info. wow, what a journey.. where can we find out if the council is buying them? I saw plans for Rolestown, a good plan, with lots of housing area and even a playground. But those are plans, it probably takes decades to fulfill the plans though. hmm, overall it feels like not a good purchase there.

Rolestown has gone from a lovely little sleepy village of about 50 houses to a monstrous size in about 5 years and yet no services there.

There have been lots of development plans over the years. Keeps changing. The river walk has been planned for about 20 years now. It will probably come after the Metro at this rate :)

It used to be a nice place. Its been ruined by the size it has grown to imo. But I guess it depends what you are looking for. I would definitely have question marks over The Meadows for sure. I dont know how you find out but you really, really need to find out who your neighbors are going to be there before you buy because if the rumors are true (and the way the sale is gone weird in that place would suggest something must be up) you will never be able to sell on for what you bought it for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 bk23

Where do I start with this estate..

I was at contract stage when the complete lack of transparency and significant legal issues came to light. Our solicitor advised us we'd be crazy to proceed.

There has been 2x builders went bust on the site. First back in ~2007, then another during COVID. The current situation is a receiver is using sub contractors to complete it. The latest delays are seemingly due to them struggling to get ESB connections but take anything the estate agent tells you with a pinch of salt.

Honestly save yourself the hassle and just avoid this estate entirely. Something is not right with it.

The place is cursed :)

Back years ago the owner of the meadows site built a brand new house on it and then one day it was bulldozed. House totally destroyed just after it had been built and finished to a lovely standard. Then a few of them just collapsed when they were left there for years after the crash.

Those houses have been sold about 5 times (maybe even more times tbh) each over the last 10 years. Its totally weird for brand new houses to be sold multiple times. Like how often has anyone ever seen a brand new estate with all the sales being backed out of multiple times?

The rumor now is that 4 of the houses have been bought for travelers. As have 2 other houses just down the road. They are already moved into the 2 other houses down the road so I would tend to believe the rumor here.

One of the houses opposite the Meadows was used in a tiger kidnapping a few years ago and a farmer down the road was almost beaten to death a few years ago when he discovered a few undesirables up to no good.

also

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/dublin/fingal/we-are-pig-sick-of-this/37325336.html

Advertisement