Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut authenticate code problem

Options
  • 04-05-2023 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hello, I’m new to Revolut and tried to set up an account. However, I made a typo when giving my phone number so the authentication code went to some random phone number. I repeated the process with my correct phone number, code arrived but with a warning not to share it with anyone. I hesitated to continue as the first code had gone to ‘ who knows’. Can I just start over with no security implication? No response from Revolut but hoping someone with a bit more tech savvy than me might respond. TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

The code that was sent to the ranodm number is only good for the specific transaction you were trying to do, and in any case it's time bound and will have expired by now.

You're good, don't worry.

The warning not to share is just if you get it randomly, and then have some one pretending to be from "Revolut Support" on the phone asking you to share the code with them. That's likely because they are trying to take over your account and change your details to theirs to be able to authorise transactions.

Advertisement