Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Towing

Options
  • 03-05-2023 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Hey All

Has anyone any experience with pulling with bmw x3 jeep xdrive msport.

Need a more economical jeep and have bmw 3 series but want to get rid of the two and have one for both jobs if that makes sense.

I'd be pulling a 15.2 horse and probably a passenger the odd time

I commute 2 hours to work each day so need something not to high powered to drink diesel

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

Run Flat Tyres - which the X3 comes with, wouldnt be rated to tow in the event of a puncture, which means you'd probably want a Spare Tyre Kit. Other than that the X3 is fine for towing (1 Horse, not 2, due to weight restrictions being borderline depending on Horses of courses (-:).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭fits

Do you need an suv? Big diesel saloon or estate might do job just as well and would be better for commute.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

It would indeed, but you may be constrained as to the events you go to depending on their parking situation and if that saloon is 2WD. I've seen quite the sight of both Cars and SUVs (2WD) with Horseboxes caught in fields designated for parking, after a downpour!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭fits

Along with all the vans and lorries!

Advertisement