Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross Country NPS Race this weekend!

Options
  • 03-05-2023 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,495 ✭✭✭

Well, for all you new to mountain biking or just want to see what cross country racing is all about, there's the 1st XC race of the season happening in Dublin this Sunday:

http://irishxcnps.ie/?p=1943

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭Gerry

I could in theory make it for the 2pm s3 race. hrm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭Gerry

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Forgive the random question, I read the notes on the link and saw the following:

Notes: Ensure bicycles are in good working order and that bar-ends have been fitted.

What is that re bar-ends? Does it mean plugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭prunudo

Bar ends, I think 1995 called! Yeah I'd imagine they mean plugs or grips with solid ends. Just so you don't get skewed with a 20mm bar in an off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Interesting indeed, I am aware of the check in road racing, and having removed them from my 1995 MTB by 2000 I was curious. My new MTB is not race ready (nor in the country) but bar-ends (plugs) are not something I have come across. Not even do my grips cover the end of the bars.

I might wander along and have a look around the paddock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,495 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

definitely worth a shot, it's a great course, built by hand not by machine! :-D

Advertisement