Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Testosterone

Options
  • 03-05-2023 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Is there anywhere in Ireland that tests specifically for Free Testosterone? Using the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration.

The clinic in Bray 'https://www.testosterone.ie/' do not test for Free testosterone, they calculate it based on other markers, which is not accurate or reliable (the lab they use cannot do Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nottin

Did you find any anywhere that can do this?

I recently used citytest.ie for my normal bloodwork, but they couldn't do a direct measurement of Free Test. Or rather, they said it would be prohibitively expensive without actually giving me a number.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lebigmacncheese

No I cancelled an appointment in the Bray clinic because they weren't testing for free t either. I also send my bloodwork results to a place in London and they said they probably wouldn't prescribe based on my levels. Hard to know what to do now. Let me know if you figured anything out.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Trondheim

Is it that you have symptoms of low testosterone?

You could ask your GP to refer you to a consultant endocrinologist.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭embracingLife

There's a blood test service in Dun Laoghaire called DBT. They test for anything you want including free testosterone, it cost 95 euros for free testosterone.

Www.dbt-bloodtest.ie

Advertisement