Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a City break for couple & 6yr old plz

Options
  • 01-05-2023 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,752 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

We're looking for city break getaway (budget ~ 1,000) for 3 or 4 nights in a European city with a 6 yr old.

Nuremberg seems like a good mix of things for adults and kids, but looking for other alternatives that fits our budget. Flights are a bit late for my son too for Nuremberg but will persevere if we have to!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

Barcelona could be good. Parks, cable car, zoo, aquarium & beach. Imaginarium down by the port. Salou/Portaventura Theme Park is easily accessible by train & combined rail/entrance tickets can be got at the station. Choice of airports - Reus an hour south, Girona an hour north & main airport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Somewhere that also has a beach nearby can be nice, like Lisbon, Barcelona, Nice, La Rochelle.

Or London and go to Legoland or something similar, or Paris and Eurodisney.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

I instantly thought of Barcelona myself. We were there ourselves when our lad was five years old, and it went really well. The beach is a big plus.

We've also done Legoland Windsor and Disneyland Paris since then, but I'd consider those a different type of holiday, which might not fit the bill here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,752 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Thanks! Probably looking for something a bit cooler than Barcelona but we could pencil it in for later in the year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

Maybe have a look at Amsterdam. Canal trips, Nemo science museum. Day trip to Wassenaar & Duinrell theme park or Noordwijk with the European Space Agency visitor centre. Maybe down to the Hague - Madurodam & out to Scheveingen and the beach. All pretty close together & great public transport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Discod

Paris, Rome, Barcelona

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

We loved copenhagen. Tivoli gardens; a seriously good science museum (that you can spend a whole day in); Canal tour; really good public transport. We spent 5 days there, and weren't bored at all. We got the Copenhagen card and just worked our way though it!

We went with a 5yr old and a 9yr old.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,181 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

London: Westend Musical, visit Paddington station, Natural History Museum, Science Museum, London Bridge Skywalk, Hamleys, Harry Potter shop and Platform 9 3/4's in Kings Cross (if not the full on Studio Tour).

We did a weekend there when our youngest was a little bit older at 9 but she still had a blast doing the above.

Advertisement