Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TL-MR6400

Options
  • 30-04-2023 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I have a TL-MR6400 TP link with a 4g three mobile sim card. Getting terrible speeds. 1-3 MBps. Tried the sim in my phone and getting 30/40. Any ideas if theres a config setting i can change or maybe its just the modem? Any pointers appreciated.

i don't want to buy their 5g modems as theres a 24 month contract

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Shpongler

That router only has a CAT4 modem which is not much good nowadays. It limits you to one LTE Band.

Look for a router with a more modern modem, such as a Huawei B818 which should give you much better performance, as It can connect to multiple LTE bands simultaneously, potentially giving you far better speeds

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭grimeire

You should check the cells your phone is connecting to using cell mapper app.

I was having the same issue and found that my router was connecting to different cells. Was able to change settings on router using huactrl app. Not sure of similar app for tp-link

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Kurn

I ended up buying ZTE MC801A 5G Wifi 6 Router second-hand.

Waiting for CEX to deliver now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Kurn

Much better. Not getting superfast speeds or anything like that. But streaming is not interrupted or slow which is what I wanted as I stream my tv viewings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement