Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career change to Primary Teaching

Options
  • 30-04-2023 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Thinking of doing a PME to become a Primary School Teacher. It was a career recommended to me by a career advisor recently after aptitude tests and discussions but wondering if I'm mad to start again in my early 30s! My strongest area was creativity and artistic so Architecture was also recommended but I couldn't do another 7 years in college! Any advice or other creative careers worth considering would be a big help!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Have you any experience working with groups of primary age ?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭FoxForce5

By the time u do the pme, get qualified, do Ur probation and a few years of part-time hrs here and there you cud be forty before you get a full time job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Primary teachers are in big demand for the last few years, anyone qualified is getting full hours, though it may take a few years to get a permanent position

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

First things first..

Do you have an honour in LC Irish?

Do you think you would like working with children every day?

Can you afford to return to college?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭doc22

Demographics are changing for Primary Teaching enrolments are projected to fall over the next decade and lots of young teachers(less retirements)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭Treppen

Did you play county?

Advertisement